DUBLIN, July 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Global Food Preservatives Market by Type (Food Acidifiers, Mold Inhibitors, Food Antioxidants, Anti-Caking Agents), Livestock (Poultry, Cattle, Swine, Aquaculture), Food Type (Compound Feed, food premixes, food flours, Silage), and Region – Forecast until 2027” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global animal feed preservatives market has been valued at $4.5 billion in 2021 and it should reach $6.7 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.7%
Feed additives are non-nutritive products added to the base feed mix. The growing consumption of meat is constantly growing in the global market. Major players are strengthening their livestock value chains by integrating their animal feed business activities all the way to the end of the supply chain. Some of the other factors contributing to the growth of the market are increasing application of livestock in food industry, increasing need for natural preservatives, etc.
By type, anti-caking agents segment is expected to be the fastest growing market with significant CAGR during the forecast period
On the basis of type, anti-caking agents are expected to be the fastest growing market over the forecast period. Anti-caking agents are used in animal feeds to prevent clumping of nutrients as they tend to absorb moisture. The addition of anti-caking agents ensures that the product remains dry. Anti-caking agents are used for optimal packaging for easy transportation.
The livestock and poultry segment is estimated to account for the highest market share during the forecast period
In terms of livestock, the poultry segment dominates the global feed preservative market and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR. Total poultry production has increased globally due to increased consumption. Poultry has become one of the important segments for meat producers due to the demand.
By feed type, the compound feed segment is expected to account for the largest market share
In terms of animal feed type, compound feed segment holds a major market share in 2022. Compound feed is a mixture of edible substances such as vegetables and organic substances used as animal feed. Increasing business portfolios and expanding market opportunities are some of the factors driving the growth of the industry.
The European region is the second largest market for the food preservatives market during the forecast period
The European market holds the second largest market share in the feed preservative market and it is growing with a considerable CAGR between 2022 and 2027. The country is one of the largest meat consumers and livestock producer. The need for feed preservatives in the region has increased after the regulatory authority banned the use of antibiotics.
Leading feed preservative manufacturers are rapidly investing in R&D in the region to update technology to improve yield. Additionally, increasing demand for meat, safety concerns, prevention of epidemics in livestock, etc., are some of the reasons driving the feed preservative market in the region.
The main players in this market are BASF SE (Germany), Cargill (United States), Nutreco NV (Netherlands), Alltech Inc. (USA), Perstorp Holding AB (Sweden), Novus International Inc. (USA), DSM (Netherlands), Kemin Industries (USA), Impextraco NV (Belgium), Eastman Chemical Company (USA), ADM (USA)Bluestar Adisseo (China), Pestell Minerals & Ingredients, Inc. (Canada) and Niacet Corporation (USA).
- The growing demand for animal products and the increase in the number of animals to fuel the demand for food preservatives
- China and food acidifiers will represent the largest shares in 2022
- Feed Acidifiers to Dominate the Market Over the Forecast Period
- The poultry segment will dominate the market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific and compound feed segments to dominate the market over the forecast period
- Growing applications of animal husbandry in the food industry to fuel its production
- Unpredictable crop harvesting patterns, driving the need for animal feed storage
- Low profit margin and lower availability of finished products
- Rise in demand for natural preservatives
- Mold inhibitors preserve feed value
- Strong growth opportunities in the poultry and aquaculture sectors
- Market capitalization is limited by a solid pool of cooperative companies
- Product research and development
- Sourcing and manufacturing of raw materials
- marketing sales
Supply chain analysis
Price Analysis: Food Preservatives Market
Market mapping and ecosystem of animal feed preservatives
Trends/disruptions affecting customer business
Food preservatives market: patent analysis
- Cargill Inc: Other livestock feeds
- BASF SE: Other animal feed
- Alltech, Inc.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
- Avon Animal Health
- BASF SE
- Bluestar Adisseo Nutrition Group Ltd.
- Cargill, Inc.
- DSM S.A.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Impextraco S.A.
- Jungbunzlauer Switzerland AG
- Kemin Industries
- Niacet Company
- Novus International, Inc.
- Nutreco S.A.
- Perstorp holding Ab
- PestellNutrition, Inc.
- Saideep Exports Private Limited
- VEE Excel Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
- Vinayak Ingredients
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/oxjgjp
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets