DUBLIN, February 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The report “Satellite Earth Observation Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on End User, Application, Services, Manufacturing, Technology, Altitude and Countries – Analysis and Forecast, 2022-2032” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global market for satellite Earth observation data and value-added services is expected to reach $15,903 million by 2032 growing at a CAGR of 6.92% over the forecast period 2022-2032. The Earth Observation data and services market has witnessed a high growth rate due to high demand for applications such as disaster management, agriculture, mapping and natural resource study .
Market Report Coverage
- Services: Earth observation (EO) data and value-added services
- Technology: synthetic aperture radar (SAR), optical and others
- Altitude: Low Earth Orbit (LEO), Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) and Geosynchronous Earth Orbit (GEO)
- Application: data acquisition and mapping, sustainable development and environmental management, disaster management, surveillance and security, location-based service, etc.
- End user: government and defense, archeology and civil infrastructure, energy and natural resources, agriculture, forestry, maritime and fishing, and others
- North America – United States and Canada
- Europe – GermanyUK, France, Russiaand Rest-of-Europe
- Asia Pacific – Japan, China, South Korea, Indiaand Rest-of-Asia Pacific
- Rest of the world – Middle East and Africa, Latin America
Market Growth Factors
- Growing demand for big data to generate accurate information on Earth observation data
- Increased investment activities for the development of cost-effective Earth observation satellites and instruments
- Unfavorable government regulations around the world for Earth observation satellites
- Difficulty integrating data analysis tools with the enterprise solution
- Growing demand for geospatial analytical services in the vertical market
- Growing demand for Earth observation satellites among developing countries
How can this report add value?
This report will contribute to the following objectives:
- A dedicated section emphasizing futuristic trends embraced by major players operating in the global Satellite Earth Observation Market.
- In-depth benchmarking of top 20 players (including OEMs and service providers) providing a holistic view of the global satellite Earth observation landscape.
- Image price analysis has also been covered in this report.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of Satellite Earth Observation at region level and country granularity by application and product segments.
Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader understand the different types of satellite earth observation and their market potentials globally. In addition, the study provides the reader with a detailed understanding of satellite earth observation with respect to services, manufacturing and altitude.
Recent Developments in the Satellite Earth Observation Market
- In October 2021Maxar Technologies has won a contract from the National Geospatial Agency (NGA) to provide high-resolution imagery data to the US Department of Defense.
- In November 2021ICEYE has signed a contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to support the response and monitoring of environmental risks in the maritime sector.
- In January 2022, Capella Space has signed a contract with the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) to demonstrate its Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging capabilities. Under the contract, the company will provide synthetic aperture radar data modeling and simulation, theater downlink, regional imagery demonstration and data imagery services.
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- What are the futuristic trends for the Satellite Earth Observation market and how is the market expected to develop during the forecast years 2022-2032?
- What are the major drivers and challenges faced by the companies currently working in the Global Satellite Earth Observation Market?
- How is the satellite earth observation market expected to grow during the forecast period 2022-2032?
- What are the opportunities for companies to expand their business in the Global Earth Observation Satellite Market?
- Which region is expected to dominate the global Earth observation satellite market by 2032?
- What are the main development strategies implemented by the main players to maintain themselves in this highly competitive market?
- What is the current and future revenue scenario of the Satellite Earth Observation market?
- What is the competitive scenario of major players in the Global Earth Observation Satellite Market?
- What are the emerging technologies that key companies are focusing on to increase their market share?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the companies influencing the growth of the market?
Satellite Earth Observation Market By
The government and defense end-user segment is estimated to dominate the global satellite earth observation market owing to the growing demand for accurate weather forecasting, earth imagery and other activities.
The sustainable development and environmental management application is expected to be at the forefront of the global satellite earth observation market due to the ability of data and services to provide trend information wildlife, land use patterns, biodiversity monitoring and natural resource management, among others; and help achieve social, environmental and economic sustainability.
Value Added Services (VAS) is the most significant service contributing to the growth of the global Earth observation satellite market. The Earth observation satellite VAS market consists of companies that acquire the images from midstream players and leverage the technology to provide space-related services to end customers.
Optical satellite technology is used in urban planning, agriculture, and damage assessment after natural disasters, among others. Optical satellites have sensors that use near infrared radiation and visible light to collect data. They are nadir viewing instruments that have a horizontal spatial resolution, ranging from 1 to 300 meters. This should generate a huge demand for optical technology.
North America is expected to account for the highest share of the global satellite earth observation market, owing to a large number of companies based in the region, increasing expenditure by government and commercial organizations such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Maxar Technologies, and Planet Labs for Earth observation data and services.
Key Market Players and Competition Summary
The companies featured in the report have been selected after in-depth interviews with experts and company details such as product portfolios, annual revenue, market penetration, research and development initiatives, and domestic and international presence in satellite Earth observation. Marlet.
Some of the major players currently present in this market include companies such as Airbus SAS, BAE Systems, Ball Corporation, BlackSky Technologies, Capella Space, EarthDaily Analytics (UrtheCast), Geospatial Insight, HawkEye 360, ICEYE, Kongsberg Satellite Services (KSAT), L3 Harris Technologies, Maxar Technologies, RS Metrics, Satellogic, Spire Global, among others.
Main topics covered
5. Markets – Competitive Benchmarking and Company Profiles
6. Research Methodology
- Airbus S.A.S.
- BAE systems
- ball company
- BlackSky Technology Inc.
- Capella area
- EarthDaily Analytics (UrtheCast)
- Geospatial overview
- HawkEye 360, Inc.
- ICE EYE
- Kongsberg Satellite Services (KSAT)
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Maxar Technologies Inc.
- MDA Ltd.
- OHB System AG (OHB SE)
- Orbital Insight, Inc.
- Planet Labs
- RS Metrics
- Skylab Analytics
- Spire Global, Inc.
- Thales Espace Alenia
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9nuws4
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets